It's our 3rd Annual Sweet Treats Blog Hop!
The Newton's Nook Designs Team is hopping along today to share some great Sweet Treats - just in time for Valentines day! Make sure you scroll down to the bottom of this post to see the whole list and hop along and comment for a chance to win!
For my stop on this hop I created these fun chocolate holders:
These cute treat holders were created using the elephant and zebra from our Wild About Zoo stamp set! For the tags, I stamped the images onto watercolor paper with Ranger Archival black ink. I colored them using Zig Clean Color brush markers, keeping the colors simple gray and peach. Then I used a circle die to cut them out.
I also added a little die cut heart onto each tag. The xoxo and polkadot heart are from the Darling Duos stamp set. I cut them out using the small heart from the Darling Hearts Die Set.
The wrap that goes around the chocolates was created using purple and dark pink cardstock. Here's how to make the wrap:
- Cut a piece of cardstock to 8.25 inches long by 2.25 inches wide.
- Score the cardstock at 3.5 inches and 4.75 inches along the long side.
- Decorate the paper. I stamped various hearts over the paper using hearts from the Darling Duos stamp set and the Wild About Zoo stamp set (the hearts in these two sets are the same size so they coordinate perfectly!).
- Add the chocolate into the center, between the score lines. I adhered the chocolates together with glue dots and attached them to the bottom of the holder.
- Fold it up into a triangle shape and punch a hole through both layers. Use twine or ribbon to tie it all up!
The chocolates I used were just a little over an inch wide so if you find some that are the same size, you could use the same measurements I did, otherwise you might need to adjust if your chocolates are larger. By the way, I found those adorable chocolates with the animal print labels at the dollar store. Don't they look perfect with our Wild About Zoo stamp set?
Hope you enjoyed this project. The next stop on the hop is Amanda Bodine! Make sure you hop through all the blogs below and comment for a change to win :)
Sweet Treats Blog Hop Giveaway!Would you like to win a $10 store credit to Newton's Nook Designs online shop?
We are giving them out to TWO lucky winners!
Here's how to win:
Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective reveal posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Monday, February 6th at 9pm CST to comment -- winners will be announced on the blog post on Tuesday, February 7th.
Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:
Newton's Nook Designs
Newton's Nook Designs