Valentine's Day Banner!
Today Ellen is sharing a fun way to decorate for Valentine's Day with a heart shaped Banner!!
The hearts on the banner are adorned with the sweet kitty images from our Smitten Kittens Stamp Set, Captivated Kittens Stamp Se and Knead Kittens Stamp Sets and she uses sentiments from our Heartfelt Love Stamp Set. She also includes pretty papers from our Love & Chocolate Paper Pad and cut out circles and banners using our Circle Frames Die Set, A7 Frames & Banners Die Set and Banner Trio Die Set.
Here are a couple more photos of the banner:
Are you smitten with this project? Read on to get tips from Ellen on how she created it!
Here is a tutorial from Ellen on how to create this Valentine Banner:
- (Left photo above): First I die cut all stamps and shapes. I used the Circle Frames Die Set and Heart Frames Die Set for the hearts and circles. I also used the Banner Trio Die Set and the A7 Frames & Banners Die Set for the banner shapes.
- (Center photo above): I wanted text on all white hearts. To have some differentiation I changed the layout a little. On the one you can see on the 2nd picture, I layered a heart on top of the heart. I embossed the sentiments with white embossing powder using the Heartfelt Love Stamp Set. The banners are from the A7 Frames & Banners Die Set. The heart is the smallest scalloped die from the Heart Frames Die Set. The tiny colored heart is from the Smitten Kittens Stamp Set.
- (Right photo above): On the other white hearts I simply stamped other sentiments on the same banners. The fact that the banners on the second picture are smaller, is because I cut them twice.
- (Left photo above): On all pink hearts I layered different shapes. On top of the banner from the Banner Trio Die Set there are two circle one from the Circle Frames Die Set and one from the Frames Squared Die Set. I also used a pattern paper from the Love & Chocolate Paper Pad.
- (Center photo above): Next I colroed the illustrations with a watercolor markers. All the illustrations you can see are from the Smitten Kittens Stamp Set, Knead Kittens Stamp Set and Captivated Kittens Stamp Set. Ps. Doesn’t look the dough like a cute blanket?!
- (Right photo above): The last step was to place the illustration on top of the circles.Here is a quick video so you can see how it looks when it's all assembled:
We hope you enjoyed this fun project by Ellen today and are inspired to decorate your space for Valentine's Day! To see more creations by Ellen, you can visit her over at her blog Crafty Ellen
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting! We love to hear what you think!